By William Shakespeare, Lewis Theobald
* illustrated with hundreds of thousands of lovely pictures in terms of Shakespeare’s lifestyles, destinations and works
* annotated with concise introductions to the performs and different works
* pictures of the way the performs first seemed in print, giving your Kindle a flavor of the Elizabethan texts
* ALL 38 performs and every with their very own contents desk – navigate simply among acts and scenes – locate that specified citation quickly!
* even comprises 17 apocryphal performs, with mysterious works resembling THE delivery OF MERLIN and VORTIGERN AND ROWENA, to be had nowhere else
* incorporates a targeted misplaced performs part, with concise details on Shakespeare’s misplaced works
* contains the distinct bonus play of DOUBLE FALSEHOOD, which the critic Lewis Theobald claimed was once Shakespeare’s misplaced play in 1727. come to a decision for your self – may perhaps this rather be the lengthy misplaced CARDENIO?
* all of the sonnets and different poetry, with first-class formatting of their personal detailed contents desk – locate that specified sonnet fast and easily!
* even contains apocryphal poems on hand nowhere else, provided with short introductions
* precise BONUS textual content of Charles and Mary Lamb’s diversifications for kids, with their unique Victorian artwork
* EVEN encompasses a certain resources part – spend hours exploring infrequent medieval texts that formed Shakespeare’s maximum works. E.g. Thomas Kyd’s play that inspired HAMLET, Holinshed’s Chronicles that encouraged heritage performs and the good MACBETH and lots of more!
* Geoffrey Chaucer’s vintage works that encouraged TROILUS AND CRESSIDA and NOBLE KINSMEN
* boasts not less than five biographies – discover the bard’s mysterious existence from a number of assets throughout history
* the specified literary feedback part boasts eleven works via writers as assorted as Samuel Johnson, Coleridge, Pope, Bernard Shaw and Tolstoy
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* a entrance grasp desk of contents, permitting effortless navigation round Shakespeare’s oeuvre
* up-to-date with a different 'Glossary of Elizabethan Language', that allows you to relief your comprehension of inauspicious phrases and phrases
* up-to-date with enhanced formatting of the performs, in keeping with customers' feedback
Finally, the world’s maximum author gets the scholarly Delphi remedy. after all, there are various Shakespeare collections to be had at the Kindle, that is why we have now made this variation, like several our different titles, the main complete and scholarly works on hand, with greater formatting. This significant publication bargains each Shakespearean play, poem, apocryphal paintings and masses, even more! you can now actually personal all of Shakespeare’s works and a wealth of BONUS fabric in your Kindle, and multi functional well-organised file.
This publication is sort of easily attractive and merits a spot within the electronic library of all enthusiasts of literature.
Please stopover at www.delphiclassics.com to determine an entire checklist and skim our different titles
ALL 38 PLAYS
The misplaced Plays
with info and DOUBLE FALSEHOOD
LIST OF THE PLAYS’ SOURCES
The Apocryphal Plays
THE beginning OF MERLIN
VORTIGERN AND ROWENA and plenty of more!
TALES FROM SHAKESPEARE through CHARLES AND MARY LAMB
VENUS AND ADONIS and more
The Apocryphal Poetry
TO THE QUEEN and more!
PREFACE TO SHAKESPEARE AND NOTES ON PLAY by means of SAMUEL JOHNSON
ON SHAKESPEARE by means of LEO TOLSTOY
EXTRACTS FROM WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE by way of VICTOR HUGO
SHAKESPEARE'S angle towards THE operating periods via ERNEST CROSBY
A LETTER by way of GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
and many more!
SOME ACCOUNT OF THE lifetime of MR. WILLIAM SHAKESPEAR by way of NICHOLAS ROWE
SHAKESPEARE: HIS existence, artwork, AND CHARACTERS through HENRY NORMAN HUDSON
LIFE OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE by means of SIR SIDNEY LEE
SHAKESPEARE'S misplaced YEARS IN LONDON by way of ARTHUR ACHESON
THE humans FOR WHOM SHAKESPEARE WROTE through CHARLES DUDLEY WARNER
Shakespeare’s final Will and Testament
Glossary of Elizabethan Language