By Judith E. Karp
This is a well timed compilation of latest options within the molecular pathogenesis and molecular treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). the point of interest is on chosen severe molecular determinants of AML pathogenesis and pathophysiology and the exploitation of those elements through diversified healing brokers and modalities. there's an emphasis all through at the bidirectional move of information among the medical and laboratory arenas.
Read or Download Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (Contemporary Hematology) PDF
Similar hematology books
The long-awaited 6th variation of Schalm’s Veterinary Hematology has been revised and reorganized to extend accessibility and cohesiveness of the textual content. themes are grouped inside validated disciplines in hematology, and descriptions are actually integrated before everything of every bankruptcy. The ebook positive aspects new sections on Hematotoxicity and qc and Laboratory strategies, and comprises increased sections on Laboratory Animal Hematology, Species particular Hematology, and Hematologic Neoplasia.
First released in 1993, Coagulation and Flocculation is a realistic reference for the researchers within the box of the stabilization and destabilization of excellent strong dispersions. via omitting chapters that remained unchanged from the 1st version, the editors of this moment version thoroughly replace, rewrite, and extend upon all chapters to mirror a decade of the most recent advances in either theoretical and alertness facets of the sphere.
Pui (U. of Tennessee health and wellbeing technology middle) offers forty two papers which are dedicated to deciding upon and discussing pivotal matters that may be resolved via greater functions of present tools of leukemia administration, instead of expecting laboratory discoveries to force swap. Chapters examine
- Cell Membrane: The Red Blood Cell as a Model
- Klinikleitfaden labordiagnostik
- Basic Science of Oncology
- Handbook of Thromboprophylaxis
- Hemovigilance: An Effective Tool for Improving Transfusion Safety
Additional resources for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (Contemporary Hematology)
120. Yamamoto Y, Kiyoi H, Nakano Y, et al. Activating mutation of D835 within the activation loop of FLT3 in human hematological malignancies. Blood 2001;97:2434-2439. 121. Fiedler W, Serve H, Dohner H, et al. A phase I study of SU11248 in the treatment of patients with refractory or resistant acute myeloid leukemia (AML) or not amenable to conventional therapy for the disease. Blood 2005;105(3):986-993. 122. O'Farrell AM, Foran IM, Fiedler W, et al. An innovative phase I clinical study demonstrates inhibition of FLT3 phosphorylation by SU11248 in acute myeloid leukemia patients.
Marcucci G, Byrd JC, Dai G, et al. Phase 1 and pharmacodynamic studies of G3139, a Bcl-2 antisense oligonucleotide, in combination with chemotherapy in refractory or relapsed acute leukemia. Blood 2003; 101:425-432. 147. Marcucci G, Stock W, Dai G, et al. G3139, a BCL-2 antisense oligo-nucleotide, in AML. Ann. Hematol 2004;83 (suppl l):S93-94. 148. Ciechanover A. The ubiquitin-proteasome proteolytic pathway. Cell 1994;79:13-21. 149. Almond JB, Cohen GM. The proteasome: a novel target for cancer chemotherapy.
Blood 1999;94:383a. 175. Solary E, Drenou B, Campos L, et al. Quinine as a multidrug resistance inhibitor: a phase 3 multicentric randomized study in adult de novo acute myelogenous leukemia. Blood 2003;102:1202-1210. 176. Van der Holt B, Lowenberg B, Burnett AK, et al. The value of the MDRI reversal agent PSC-833 in addition to daunorubicin and cytarabine in the treatment of elderly patients with previously untreated acute myeloid leukemia (AML), in relation to MDRI status at diagnosis. Blood 2005;106(8): 2646-2654.
Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (Contemporary Hematology) by Judith E. Karp