By Charles Herrick
Even if you are a newly clinically determined sufferer, a pal or relative, this booklet deals aid. the one quantity to be had to supply either the doctor's and patient's perspectives, a hundred Questions & solutions approximately Alcoholism offers authoritative, sensible solutions for your questions about treatments, suggestion on dealing with the illness, resources of help, and lots more and plenty extra. Written via a in demand psychiatrist, with real sufferer observation, this booklet is a useful source for a person dealing with the scientific, mental, and emotional turmoil of alcoholism.
Read Online or Download 100 Q&A About Alcoholism & Drug Addiction (100 Questions & Answers about) PDF
Best addiction & recovery books
There's a revolution coming. it is going to now not be like revolutions of the prior. it is going to originate with the person and with tradition, and it'll swap the political constitution in basic terms as its ultimate act. it is going to no longer require violence to be triumphant, and it can't be effectively resisted via violence. this can be the revolution of the hot new release.
Drugspeak: The research of Drug Discourse describes the way conversations among drug clients differ and alter based on context and situation in ways in which recommend that there's no unmarried "truth" concerning the kingdom we name "addicted. " The primary thesis of the e-book is that the reasons that drug clients supply for his or her drug use make feel now not quite a bit as assets of proof, yet as basically sensible statements formed via a weather of ethical and criminal censure.
Ebook via Browne-Miller, Angela
Addictions and therapeutic in Aboriginal state establishes a framework for figuring out the problems pertinent to Indigenous addictions to alcohol, gunga and playing and its after-math in a single group, vast River (a fictitious identify for a true community).
- Staying Sober in Mexico City
- Losing Mariposa: The Memoir of a Compulsive Gambler
- Twelve Steps to Destruction: Codependency Recovery Heresies
- False Messengers: How Addictive Drugs Change the Brain
- Alcoholism - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Additional resources for 100 Q&A About Alcoholism & Drug Addiction (100 Questions & Answers about)
6. How often during the past year have you needed a first drink in the morning to get yourself going after a heavy drinking session? 7. How often during the past year have you had a feeling of guilt or remorse after drinking? 8. How often during the past year have you been unable to remember what happened the night before because you had been drinking? 9. Have you or has someone else been injured as a result of your drinking? 10. Has a relative, friend, or a doctor or other health care worker been concerned about your drinking or suggested you cut down?
One patient reported that her alcohol counselor compared her high level of functioning despite her “alcoholism” to Winston Churchill’s alcoholism. ” It is important to distinguish between quantitative and qualitative differences. A quantitative difference between a regular drinker and an alcoholic suggests a slippery slope downward. qxd 11/29/06 9:46 AM Page 49 100 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ABOUT ALCOHOLISM Diagnosis mal, regular drinker; the heavy but functional drinker; and the abnormal, pathological alcoholic.
Sometimes I get tired of apologizing; however, many trips have been made to the same place for the opposite condition: complications from alcohol withdrawal. There is certainly a marked difference in the attitude of medical personnel at the times when he is clearly sick rather than drunk. Although I sometimes sense that caregivers believe that Ben “deserves” the punishing symptoms of withdrawal, for the most part, they are sympathetic to his plight and mine. ” Most of the time my response consists of two questions.
100 Q&A About Alcoholism & Drug Addiction (100 Questions & Answers about) by Charles Herrick